in

Lockdown:Government is likely to lift the “movement ban” as only 14 people from half of the estimated 15,384 persons tested positive for the virus!

The test results of about 15,384 out of 19,276 persons who have been identified through contact tracing will determine the government’s future course of action on the two-week partial lockdown, the President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has said.

According to him, these results were crucial in the lives of Ghanaians, thus the movement of the people would be depended on it.

However out of the estimated number 7,461 whose results came, only 14 were tested positive for coronavirus.

This figure is part of the newly recorded Covid-19 cases in the country which has taken Ghana’s count to 287.

The President in a televised address to the nation on Sunday, said the test results would determine the government’s future course of action.

He said these tests results would enable him to introduce further measures to deal with the coronavirus (COVID-19) if the identified cases come out negative.

“In the course of the coming week, a determination will be made as to whether or not to extend the duration of the two-week restriction on movement,” Nana Akufo-Addo stated.

He indicated that he has, by Executive Instrument, extended the closure of the country’s borders for two more weeks until further notice.

Justifying the decision to extend the border closure, Nana Akufo-Addo said data so far indicates that the overwhelming majority of confirmed cases came from travellers and those who have come into contact with travellers.

He appealed to the public to be patient and continue to support the government, remain vigilant and adhere to the measures introduced to deal with the problem.

“Let each one of us play his or her part to enhance our collective efforts at containing the spread of the virus, which will enable us to hasten the lifting of these restrictions, and returning the nation to normalcy,” the President added.

He expressed gratitude to the individuals and institutions who have responded to his appeal for donations to be made into the COVID-19 National Trust Fund, which has been established to complement government’s fight against the virus, and to assist in the welfare of the needy and the vulnerable.

So far, Nana Akufo-Addo noted that a total of GH¢8.75 million has been received for the purpose and commended his appointees who have also followed his example by donating their salaries to the fund.

The people from affected areas of the partial lockdown have already spent one week from the two weeks, hence waiting for a new address from the government to determine next line of action.

BY JOYCELINE NATALLY CUDJOE

Written by Joyceline Natally Cudjoe

I am An Entertainment Columnist, Content Writer, Blogger, Novelist, Poet, and a Publicist.

Is the world fighting against COVID-19 or 5G network—-a myth to unravel

My wedding is in limbo due to COVID-19----Jennifer Lopez cries

My wedding is in limbo due to COVID-19—-Jennifer Lopez cries