First Samuel Enterprise and other five stores are burnt into ashes after fire explosion in Takoradi Market circle
About six stores at Takoradi Market circle in the Western Region have been burnt down into ashes.
This occurred after fire gutted a whole sale provision shop, First Samuel Enterprise at midnight around 1:00am and was brought under control around 5:00am on Saturday morning.
According to an eyewitness, Makeeto who spoke in an interview with Spot On News, the fire which occurred might have been caused by a faulty electrical appliance in First Samuel store.
He noted that the Ghana Fire Service (GNFS) did not reveal the exact cause of the explosion but squatters in the area linked the incidence to faulty electrical appliance.
“People who sleep in the area believe the fire is caused by faulty cable or over heating of some electrical gadgets in First Samuel Enterprise,” he added.
The eyewitness stated that the fire became uncontrollable since stores closer to the provision store had in them highly inflammable substances.
“Shops that share the same building with first Samuel sell items including sprays, materials, dress among other highly inflammable substances which made it difficult to control the fire,” he said.
Makeeto posited that there was no one in the stores, stressing that some market women and squatters who sleep around the UBA bank saw the fire gutting from First Samuel.
Immediately they saw the fire, they tried to put it under control while some of them ran to the nearest police station to report the incident.
At the police station, the security personnel called the GNFS into the scene.
The eyewitness indicated that failure of the fire service personnel to arrive on time, led to the recent state of the buildings.
“The time they got there the fire has already destroyed buildings and properties but there were no casualties,” he added.
BY JOYCELINE NATALLY CUDJOE