Coronavirus patients in double trouble after fire guts Korle-Bu ICU 
in

Coronavirus patients in double trouble after fire guts Korle-Bu ICU 

Coronavirus patients in double trouble after fire guts Korle-Bu ICU

Coronavirus patients in double trouble after fire guts Korle-Bu ICU

Coronavirus patients receive threat of their life after the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital (KBTH) gutted by fire this morning in Accra.

The fire outbreak is believed to have caused by a faulty electrical appliance which exploded at the ICU centre.

Three coronavirus patients who were on admission at the Korle-Bu Teaching hospital ICU have been transferred to the University of Ghana Medical Centre (UGMC) for treatment.

According to the Public Relations Officer of the KBTH, Mustapha Salifu, no casualties were recorded during the outbreak.

He indicated that the disaster was brought under control as some staff detected the problem early.

“The fire was detected early, so we were able to handle it as soon it started. The COVID-19 patients are safe and under control. There were also no casualties involved as a result of the outbreak,” he said.

READ ALSO: Customers of GCB have trooped at Kantamanto to withdraw their money after fire guts the bank

Mustapha Salifu hinted that there would be a refurbishment of the ICU for operations to continue.

This is about the fourth time a fire outbreak has been recorded in the capital this month.

On November 18, 2020, the Odawna market was gutted by fire, destroying over 400 shops.

Traders’ belongings and monies were also burnt beyond recognition.

The following day, it was reported that fire had swept some parts of the Sakumono School Complex in Accra.

Source: www.spotonnews.net

Written by Joyceline Natally Cudjoe

An Entertainment Columnist, Content Writer, Blogger, Novelist, Poet, and a Publicist. For business or story tip off, contact me on +233 24 646 6866 or email: spotonnews.net@gmail.com