'No one has been charged or prosecuted'--- Ahmed Suale's family cry for justice
in

‘No one has been charged or prosecuted’— Ahmed Suale’s family cry for justice

‘No one has been charged or prosecuted’— Ahmed Suale’s family cry for justice

The family of late investigative journalist, Ahmed Hussein Suale, has said they are unhappy with the delay in ongoing investigations into the murder of their relative.

According to Mustapha Iddrisu, a brother of the deceased, the police have failed to provide proper updates on the level investigations conducted into the case, two years after the gruesome killing.

READ ON: Police drops firearm distribution charges against NDC vice-chairman

“The investigations so far as the family is concerned has not been what we are expecting. We’re not even sure whether the police are actually doing conducting investigations or they are doing anything about it,” he said.

Ahmed Hussein Suale, who was with the Tiger Eye Private Investigations, was murdered by an unknown assailant in his vehicle on January 16, 2019, at Madina.

He was part of a team of undercover journalists led by renowned investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas.

He was shot three times, twice in the chest and another in the neck late Wednesday night at Madina in Accra while he was driving home by unidentified men.

READ ALSO: Police charges the ‘Angel’ of God over religious crime

The murder came shortly after the Number-12 documentary was released.

It also came after the Assin Central MP on live TV incited the public to launch attacks on the journalist.

It has since remained unresolved though government promised to remain resolute in seeking justice for Mr Suale.

The family, speaking to in a media interview bemoaned the delay, stating that, no arrests have been made, “no one has been charged or prosecuted for the crime after over two years.”

READ MORE: How do you read your Bibles?— Kwabena Kwabena questions men of God against LGBTQ+

“The police are not giving us any update, sometimes we have to chase them for information and when you go there, the information they give to you about a year ago is the same information they are giving back to you,” he added.

They added that efforts of the family in seeking justice have also been compromised since suspects that were handed over to the police by the family have all been let off the hook.

They are, therefore, calling on authorities to speed up investigations, adding that the family wouldl not relent on it efforts to seeking justice for the deceased.

“We are not going to be happy with whatever they [Police] tell us until they tell us that the people who committed the crime have been found.

“I don’t think it is a matter that we can put behind us. We will continue to ask for the perpetrators of Ahmed Suale’s murder,” they added.

Source: www.spotonnews.net

Written by Joyceline Natally Cudjoe

An Entertainment Columnist, Content Writer, Blogger, Novelist, Poet, and a Publicist. For business or story tip off, contact me on +233 24 646 6866 or email: spotonnews.net@gmail.com